Sport itself is a team sport in which the goal is to throw the puck into the opposing team’s net more times than the opponent in a given
time. But what about making cash on this? Let’s figure out the main aspect of the discipline, its development in the USA and for sure, betting opportunities.
Basic hockey particularities
In modern sport the next crucial points are defined:
- a game consists of three periods, each of which lasts 20 minutes;
- every period begins with the throw-in and ends with the referee’s beep;
- the throw of the puck is executed by the referee;
- there are breaks of 15 minutes between periods, which are accompanied by a change of goal;
- six players are allowed to stay on the field at the same time, a complete team in this case consists of 20-25 people;
- replacement of stickhandlers takes place during breaks, as well as during the match;
- fighting is allowed (but limited by the rules);
- tripping, holding the opponent, nudging and attacking players who do not have possession of the puck are prohibited;
- if the regulation time ends with a draw, extra time is granted, which can be followed by a penalty shootout; infractions are usually sanctioned in the penalty bank.
Why is hockey so popular? What are the reasons?
This sport is energetic, dynamic and full of emotions. Fans feel the constant pressure and adrenaline rush during the match. It is even not always possible to buy a ticket for a game due to the great demand.
The number of fans increases every year, but why? The main reason is the intrigue and a full range of emotions, which spectators can feel while watching gaming. Don’t forget about the fights, which constantly occur, they also attract many people. For sure, the game is represented with easy rules, so it’s not difficult to puzzle out. That’s why lots of betting offers can be found, as hockey is very lucrative to gamble.
Hockey development – the importance of youth gaming
This discipline is a highly promoted sport in the USA. Luckily, many organizations and entities acknowledge its significance not only in supporting healthy lifestyle policy, but also in growing young generations. It’s quite important to pay attention to educating new future leading stickhandlers.
For instance, the USA Hockey registry plays a special role in this process. It is the national governing body for the sport in the country. The mission of the USA Hockey registry is to promote the growth of ice hockey in general (and youth hockey in particular) in America and to provide the best possible experience for all participants.
Due to the services of the USA Hockey registry it’s possible to register as a stickhandler, coach, referee or even volunteer. It seems that participation in the sport has never been so open as it is now.
Hockey betting as a great way to make money
Such matches are very popular in sports betting. With the start of the season, bettors have a wide range of matches to choose from and there is a wide variety of matches for each of the major championships. Also today it’s easy to gamble not only on the NHL, but also on youth leagues (registered in the USA Hockey registry), for instance the members of Yankees Conferences or many others.
When talking about hockey as a gambling discipline, the next aspects must be pointed out:
- There are many games to stake on, but it’s not for the whole year. During the summer there is not much hockey, but in August the games are set and played constantly until May;
- A huge variety of betting strategies are represented. In all sports you may find main streams and general trends, here their number is enormous;
- There is an option to place live bets right throughout the game. Hockey is an energetic sport and changes during a game happen in a rush, so you have the chances to notice it in time and win;
- Big odds are included. With the right analysis, the gamester will figure out which chances of winning are higher. Often there are also betting errors in odds, so experienced gamblers can find a bet with an advantage and get a profit.
What to bet on hockey?
As a rule, bookmakers offer the following types of hockey bets:
- on the outcome;
The final result can be obtained both in regulation time and in extra time or in the penalty shootout. This aspect is always included in the line – there are two types of lists: for regular time and for the game with extra time and penalty shootout.
- on the total;
It may be the total of the match or a certain period. There are totals for periods of time, for example, from 1 to 10 minutes, from 11 to 20, etc. There are also individual totals, which means the performance of a certain stickhandler. You can also gamble for a period or for the entire match.
- on the handicap;
The handicap is the score difference between the teams. As in the case of totals, you can stake for the whole game or for a certain period. Handicaps may be European (integers) or Asian (fractions).
- on the next goal.
This is a particularly popular offer in hockey, as there may be no draw results. The task is that
the gamester has to predict which team will score next. It is possible to bet for the whole game or for a specific period.
To sum up – how to succeed in hockey betting?
Actually, there is no golden rule for winning in gambling. Though the best thing you may do is to study constantly, keep an eye on the latest news and learn strategies. Also don’t forget to pay attention to not so popular leagues, like youth hockey leagues and the clubs registered in the USA Hockey registry, because these ones can be very lucrative and, for sure, attractive for watching.